Beauty, Blog, Family, Health and Wellness, Parenting, Uncategorized

Oh, Baby!

Baby powder that is. I have had some in my girl’s bathroom up until this very morning. I just did not know. The product seemed so innocent…I mean, it goes on babies for crying out loud! What is more innocent than babies?! This product was literally found guilty- and Johnson & Johnson had to pay up. Check out this article from Time Magazine, Johnson & Johnson Is Just the Tip of the Toxic Iceberg, dated March 2, 2016 to learn more about the need for tougher safety standards and informed choice about safety of products in the cosmetics industry. To learn more about the $72 MILLION dollar lawsuit, check out this article from Time, Jury Awards $72 Million to Woman in Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Cancer Suit, dated February 23, 2016.

If this information disturbs you, get curious! Learn more about product safety by visiting the Environmental Working Group, a non-profit dedicated to protecting human health and the environment.

If you want to take action, join a movement in asking Congress to Hold a Hearing on the Personal Care Products Safety Act. It hasn’t been updated since 1938!!

Your voice matters!



One thought on “Oh, Baby!

  1. Delores LaFollette says:

    This comes as no surprise as for many years doctors have been telling breast cancer patients that deodorants which contain alum and various other chemicals have been linked to cancer but no warnings have been placed on these products. Formaldehyde which is used in many cosmetics and also used in the process of decaffination of coffee, tea and soft drinks is also known to cause cancer but you will not see warning labels on a can of soda. I found this out by accident from getting serious headaches every time I drank decaf coffee. My physician confirmed it was the formaldehyde that I was having a reaction to which he said was not uncommon. I also read in a medical journal report that undertakers were using 35% less formaldehyde from previous years in the embalming process as we seem to be virtually embalming ourselves with what we consume. Very scary what we are tainting our products with.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s