The post you’ve all been waiting for – reviews on #7-12 from our time in Last Vegas this spring! If you missed #1-6, you can find it here! Let’s jump right in…
7. Hakkasan Nightclub: Let me just say, this place is very cool and hip. The nightclub is super high-end and beautiful. Frequented by Tiesto, Calvin Harris, and on the night we were there – Lil Jon – it is a place to see and be seen. However, our experience was quite comical. We were clearly the group of four that are in their 30’s, have kids, and from the mid-west. The drinks were $15-20/per. We were blinded by the flashing lights, couldn’t hear anything, were stepped on, were exhausted after being there for one hour. We literally laughed about it the remaining nights of our trip. Unless you love to (literally) be on top of one another, I suggest going with a group of friends and getting bottle service. It will run you $1500+, however you’ll have a nice couch, enough space to breath, and drink service to your space – or, head to Napoleon’s instead!!! 🙂 One last thing – a guy will stop you and offer to put you on the guest list – along with every other person they stop, except for the 5 total people who agree to pay full price and stand in the general admission line. Unless you are a group of 2+ females, don’t plan on getting any special treatment or accelerate your time in line if you arrive at 11pm or after.
8. Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill: We hit up this place TWICE! It is in the MGM, and open until 4am. One night, we landed here at 1am for some lovely cookies and milk before bed. The next night after an amazing night at Napoleon’s, we ended up here to enjoy a yummy burger, fries, and the best blue-cheese-queso-and-chips EVER. Highly recommended.
9. Tao: Tao – WOW! What can i say. One of my favorite places to eat, ever! Besides the aesthetics, all I can say is:
- Cucumber Lime Mojito
- Spring Roll (Lobster. Crab. Tuna.) = AMAZING
- Chinese Sausage Fried Rice + Fried Egg
- Crunchy Orange Chicken
- Cantonese Cauliflower
ORDER. IT. ALL!
10. Mesa: Bobby Flay. Rib-Eye. Salmon. Cauliflower Au Gratin. SO SO GOOD. Amazing place to eat a wonderful dinner in the heart of Caesars Palace.
11. Fatburger: We made a trip to Fat Burger. The experience of ordering a burger is reason alone to give it a shot. The four of us shared two burgers – and were still stuffed six hours later!
12. Javiers‘: Javiers’ has my heart. Almost a decade ago – A and I found an amazing little hole-in-the-wall place in Laguna Beach, CA, when we were living in So Cal. It was amazing – good tacos, enchiladas, and of course $3 margaritas. The people were amazing, the food was spectacular, and it felt like ‘home’. A few years later while on a visit back to our “stomping grounds”, we find out Javiers’ moved to Newport Coast – to a magnificent local. After being featured in Housewives of Orange County, it exploded. They now have locations in Irvine, CA, Cabo, Mexico, and of course – Last Vegas. Located in Aria, it is beautiful and always busy. The prices have ‘creeped up’ (if you can call a 500% increase a ‘creep’), but it is so worth it. This reminds me of the true American Dream – and I love supporting this successful operations. Plus, once you try their guacamole, there is no going back!
This wraps up my comprehensive review of good ol’ Las Vegas! What is your favorite thing to do in Las Vegas?